Need steel backed photopolymer that can take some heat

  • Elaine Luther
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hi,

      What type (brand name) of steel backed photopolymer can be used to
      make matrix board? The steel backed I have (I don't know what it is,
      free samples) is bubbling when exposed to temps of 325, and then
      cracking.

      Most annoying.

      I would really appreciate any leads, and where to buy some small pieces.

      Thanks so much,

      Elaine
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        Elaine

        Gene Becker supplies Rigilon brand

        http://www.photopolymerplates.com/rigilon.htm

        I think most plate manufacturers have a line of plates for this purpose.
        These require processing times that are not the same as those for
        letterpress applications.

        Elaine Luther wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > What type (brand name) of steel backed photopolymer can be used to
        > make matrix board? The steel backed I have (I don't know what it is,
        > free samples) is bubbling when exposed to temps of 325, and then
        > cracking.
        >
        > Most annoying.
        >
        > I would really appreciate any leads, and where to buy some small pieces.
        >
        > Thanks so much,
        >
        > Elaine
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Elaine Luther
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          > I think most plate manufacturers have a line of plates for this purpose.
          > These require processing times that are not the same as those for
          > letterpress applications.

          Great, thanks for the source and the warning.

          Thanks,

          Elaine