Upcoming workshop

  • Roberta Lavadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23 10:12 AM
      I'm posting this for Jim Carmin of the Multnomah County Library, who is not
      a member of the list.
      R.
      _______________

      I'm organizing a polymer plate workshop with Inge Bruggeman, proprietor of
      INK-A! Press, in Portland, Oregon.

      Inge, a graduate from the MFA Book Arts program at Alabama, is an
      accomplished printer and book artist, whose recent book, SIMPLE HARMONIC
      MOTIONS, which uses the polymer process, has won several awards.

      She is also an experienced teacher of book arts at various schools in
      Portland and elsewhere, including PNCA and OCAC.

      The workshop will not be using "an official plate making machine," but
      will instead present options for making plates with a lo-tech set-up. It
      will be very worthwhile, very informative, and much fun, no doubt.

      Details follow:

      Date: Saturday, September 14, 2002.

      Time: 10:00am to 4:30pm with a one hour lunch break in the
      Belmont/Hawthorne district (or bring your own - there's a park
      across the street from the studio).

      Where: Inge's studio in SE Portland, OR (details upon registration).

      Number: 8 persons maximum; 5-6 for the workshop to go.

      Costs: $96.00 with materials.

      Payment (check please, to "Inge Bruggeman"), sent to address on
      registration form at bottom of this message.

      The check must be my hands by September 4 to hold your spot in the class.

      Four people have already registered for the class. So, don't delay...

      MAIL YOUR REGISTRATION ASAP (by filling in the form below, and mailing
      it to the address below.

      Supplies/tools list will be mailed to participants as they register.

      For more information in Inge Bruggeman, see her website at:

      http://www.texturaprinting.com/

      For questions on the workshop, please contact me.

      Thanks.

      ---------- ------------------------
      Jim Carmin
      John Wilson Room Librarian
      Multnomah County Library
      jimc@...
      503-988-6287
      http://www.multcolib.org/about/mcl-wilson.html

      ------------------- <snip>-------------------<snip>---------------------

      inge bruggeman's polymer plate workshop on September 14, 2002

      Name: ______________________________________

      Address: ______________________________________

      State: ______

      Please enclose check for $96.00, made to Inge Bruggeman.

      Send check and this form to:

      inge's workshop
      c/o Jim Carmin
      4631 NE Ainsworth St.