Vandercook trip mechanism--FIXED!!

  • olslis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      thanks for the useful info and guidance.? It turned out that the press does have one broken trip spring , but that wasn't causing this current problem, which was simply in the trip lever mechanism itself, and as basically mechanical as anything can be.?

      Forgive misuse of technical/part names--the vertical rectangular bars on the rod that move with the trip lever and that hold the plunger arms?apart had somehow slipped behind the plunger arms, not next to them as they should be.? I hadn't studied the press when it was working and didn't catch this before, but was so confused about how broken trip springs could jam that distant lever mechanism, that I couldn't stop fiddling with it.? So, all back in shape for the time being, and I will order my new springs and get that fixed soon also.

      Lisa Olson