Re: vandercook repair/trip mechanism/Boston area

  • nagraph1
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24 8:28 AM
      The trip spring, X-23790, is one of our stock items, and if the
      broken spring is the flat spring steel as opposed to the earlier
      coil spring, then you should have a pair on hand before Perry visits
      you--will save time and money. The SP-15 and SP-20 will both work
      with one spring broken, but not for too long because of the added
      stress put on the surviving spring.

      Fritz--NA Graphics

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, olslis@... wrote:

      > Thanks Gerald for your quick response and the tip.?
      >
      > Although my "shoving" was probably too timid to?untangle anything,
      while trying I discovered that there is a broken spring on the side
      where I could see no spring?before.? It looks like a big section is
      snapped off, but the mystery is that I can't find the that
      unattached piece anywhere on the floor or caught inside.?? So, here
      is a question--would the mechanism work with only one spring
      intact?? I wonder this because I just aquired the press recently and
      have been printing on it for only a?few days?--perhaps that side was
      broken when I got it and this other side is jammed??

      > anyway, thanks again--I am going to follow Paul's suggestion and
      contact Perry Tymeson and keep learning as I go. . .