Re: [PPLetterpress] Scoring and cutting...

  • Warren Gailbreath, Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2007
      It can be done both ways that you have mentioned. I
      score jobs for customers that run the job 2 up and
      then cut them down after I return the scored job.

      I also have customers that send me the job 1 up
      because their cutter is unreliable and they don't want
      to cut the piece and have a crooked edge from a
      crooked backstop.

      If it were my printed piece, I would score and fold
      after cutting as some corrections can be made when
      scoring.

      I also have some customers that send me blank stock
      and I score it as shells for them. When they need some
      scored stock, it's on the shelf. This is generally on
      a paper that can not be purchased from the paper store
      off the shelf like Die-o-Perf.

      Warren Gailbreath,Jr.
      Southwest Finishing, Inc.
      Ft.Worth, Texas