New to Letterpress - Questions about tiny Sigwalt Press

  • dearjhayne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2007
      Hello! This is my first post and as I'm new to letterpress.

      I was recently given a tiny Sigwalt tabletop press, the chase is approx. 3"x4". It seems to be in
      great working condition and I'd like to start using it, but I'm not really sure where to get
      started. I'd like to be able to use photopolymer plates if at all possible as I'm very limited on
      workspace and storage. I had emailed Boxcard and asked about having a custom base made,
      but they said it was much too small for that once you factor in furniture, etc. and they could
      not do it; so I'm not really sure where to go from here.

      Does anyone have experience with using these tiny Sigwalts? Does tiny funiture/quions/etc.
      for this small chase even exist? Any advice you can offer a beginner with a wonderful, but
      very, very small tabletop press would be much appreciated!