Re: opaque white ink

  • henderson_adele
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2007
      I have used #5000 Pearl Luster Ekaton Silver. If you apply it while the ink is wet, let it sit a
      while before using the compressed air on it. After the ink underneath is completely dry
      you can polish it with a soft cloth to increase its luster.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "henderson_adele" <adeleh@...> wrote:

      > For a beautiful lush effect, if your edition is small you can also apply a powdered silver
      > pigment to the inked area (I get mine from Kremer Pigments in NYC) with a soft brush
      and
      > then clean off the excess with compressed air. Wear a respirator or do it outdoors.
      Apply

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
        Christine

        I haven't had all that much occasion to do this but I have used a
        Handschy opaque white on black papers. I mix a bit of color to it
        taken from some other element of the design. White ink will appear
        dirty on black paper mainly because it is white on black and the paper
        will influence the ink either through inadequate coverage or optics. A
        second color added to the white will alter this. But as said, it
        should reference some other color that is being used to work properly.
        Letterpress printing, if done right, is nothing less than an optical
        illusion to the senses and intellect, a magic trick.