Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: bringing the cost of plates down

  • Charles D. Jones
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
      I have greatly reduced the cost of using photopolymer by buying the plates
      by the case in the A3 size. I use a Xante Filmaker 4 for making negatives
      from the computer. Casey is right that sometimes it is better to use a
      linocut. I also have used blank zinc etching plates supported by a base for
      printing shapes and solids. I like the filmaker a lot as it produces a good
      opaque black.

      Charlie Jones
      Lanana Creek Press