TypeCon2007 in Seattle

  • J Wilkson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
      TypeCon2007: Letter Space
      August 1-5, 2007
      Crowne Plaza Hotel
      Seattle, Washington USA

      presented by The Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA)
      in partnership with Cornish College of the Arts, the School of Visual
      Concepts, and the University of Washington

      - TypeCon2007 Early Bird Rates Extended
      - Daily Schedule of Events Now Online
      - Cut-off Date Approaching for the Crowne Plaza

      EARLY BIRD RATES EXTENDED - REGISTER NOW AND SAVE
      You asked for it, and we're only too happy to oblige. We've had a
      number of requests to extend our early bird rates due to the Fourth
      of July holidays. Well, sure, why not? We love to save money, and we
      know you love to save money. Bring those extra dollars and buy some
      new type books from Peter Miller, who will be onsite at TypeCon.

      Early bird has been extended to midnight Pacific Time on Thursday,
      July 5. Sign up now and save big money! Join SOTA while you register
      for the conference, and receive an extra discount.

      Conference fees are as follows:

      Early registration (through July 5)
      SOTA members: $215 professionals/$120 students
      Non-members: $250 professionals/$140 students

      Regular registration (July 6-20)
      SOTA members: $245 professionals/$140 students
      Non-members: $285 pro/$160 students

      Late/walk-up registration (after July 20)
      SOTA members: $300 professionals/$160 students
      Non-members: $350 pro/$175 students

      Optional pre-conference workshops are $50 for each half-day session
      and $100 for each full-day session, plus materials/lab fees, if any.
      The Type and Design Education Forum is $50, which includes all
      general sessions and your choice of breakout.

      Secure registration is now available on the TypeCon2007 website.
      Seating is limited - register today to book your spot!

      Direct link to TypeCon2007 registration - http://www.sotalink.com/
      registration

      TypeCon2007 website - http://www.typecon.com

      SCHEDULE OF EVENTS NOW ONLINE
      Which one's your type? Microsoft's legibility legend, Keven Larson?
      The Canadian power trio of Marian Bantjes, Robert Bringhurst, and
      Nick Shinn? Seattle's Modern Dog, or Tacoma's Art Chantry? We love
      them all, plus the other 80 speakers who'll be waiting for you at
      TypeCon2007 in Seattle. We've just posted the schedule of events for
      each day during the conference. Check out the site and see when your
      favorites are speaking! Complete descriptions for each talk will be
      live shortly.

      http://www.typecon.com/program.html

      WE'RE SELLING OUT THE HOTEL. BOOK YOUR ROOM AT THE CROWNE PLAZA NOW!
      *** We have oversold our room block on many nights during TypeCon.
      The Crowne Plaza has been nice enough to add more rooms to our block,
      but they are being snapped up quickly. If you're going to stay at the
      TypeCon2007 conference hotel and headquarters, you must book your
      room now. If you are looking for a roommate, email us and we'll do
      our best to help. ***

      We have a super rate on rooms at the Crowne Plaza - just $169 (plus
      tax) per night. This is a fantastic deal in Seattle during the height
      of summer - everyone else is paying well over $200 a night. The
      TypeCon2007 discount rate is available until July 13, 2007, or until
      our room block is full - whichever comes first.

      To book online with your credit card, please visit this dedicated
      TypeCon2007 link:

      http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/redirect?
      path=rates&checkInDate=27&checkInMonthYear=062007&checkOutDate=09&checkO
      utMonthYear=072007&brandCode=cp&hotelCode=seadt&GPC=AAD&_IATAno=99801505

      To book by phone, call 1-206-464-1980 and mention SOTA/Society of
      Typographic Aficionados and TypeCon. This is the direct reservations
      line for the Seattle Crowne Plaza, and we recommend calling this
      number instead of the national toll-free reservations line to ensure
      your booking goes smoothly.

      Crowne Plaza Seattle information site - http://www.cphotelseattle.com

      SPONSORSHIP AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE: If you would like
      to contribute to TypeCon2007 by sponsoring, donating goods and
      services, or volunteering, please send an email to
      mailto:info@....

      ABOUT TYPECON AND SOTA
      TypeCon2007 is the annual conference of SOTA, an international non-
      profit organization dedicated to the promotion, study, and support of
      type design, typography, and the related arts. For more information
      about SOTA, please visit the website at http://www.typesociety.org

      Have questions, need answers? Send us an email!
      mailto:info@....

      See you in Seattle!
    • stacey brotherton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
        is there a discount code? "it" is ringing me up at the old rates. plz let
        me know what you know.

        --
        stacey v. brotherton
        206. 226. 7687

      • Tamye Riggs
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
          Stacey, and everyone, the early bird rates have indeed been extended
          and are in effect right now. It's $215 for SOTA members
          (professional) and $250 for non-members. The price will increase
          Thursday at midnight Pacific Time.

          We have a number of great letterpress workshops on offer in addition
          to a wide variety of speakers during the main program.

          Cheers, Tamye Riggs
          Executive Director, SOTA and TypeCon
          http://www.typecon.com

        • springtide@isomedia.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
            Jenny--
            Do we need to register in advance for what we'd like to attend?
            --jessica

          • Casey McGarr
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
              Is this the same Tamye Riggs that I use to work at Fossil with?

              If it is then Howdy, Howdy. Great to here from you.

              If it's not please disregard this outburst of happiness.

              Casey
              iLP