help with a C & P 10 x 15 Belt and Motor

  • kelsie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2007
      Hi All,
      I hope there is someone out there that's able to help with this one. I
      just aquired a C&P Old Style 10 x 15. It has a variable speed motor on
      there, but it wasn't attached tightly when we moved it. I'm having
      trouble with 2 things.

      One, the belt keeps slipping off. We placed/moved the motor as far
      back as it can go and bolted it tight, but it still keeps slipping
      off. Is there any adjustments anywhere else that we can make to get
      this tight? Also, the wheel on the motor is quite slick. Is there
      anything I can put on it to help with the grip?

      Two, the variable speed motor has a crank on it to go up and down in
      speed. It says on there to "only adjust when running" and when we do
      that, it only goes from one to four (out of 10 speed). It gets too
      tight to turn. Does anyone know of any secrets or tricks to adjusting
      this?

      Thanks for any help!!! She's all oiled up and ready to roll, just got
      to figure these things out!

      Kelsie