Re: 5 x 8 kelsey questions

  • sarapture
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24 1:49 PM
      Thank you very much for your thoughtful replies regarding the Kelsey 5
      x8.

      I am going to contact Boxcar and then go from there. I believe in the
      future I will be using mostly photopolymer plates (hence my interest
      in this group) and thus will see what they have to say about using
      those with this press. My gut instinct is to wait a little while until
      I have more knowledge before jumping in and buying something to
      "practice" with which will not serve my needs well in the future. I'm
      just impatient, want to get started and don't have easy access to
      better presses to practice with on a regular basis (Essentially I only
      have access when/if I'm enrolled in a class).

      Thank you again so much!

      Best,
      Jodi

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "David Michael McNamara"
      <david@...> wrote:

      > Jodi,
      >
      > I have printed with photopolymer and a Boxcar base on my Kelsey 5x8,
      so it can be done. For what it's worth, Boxcar also offers two free
      cuts when you buy a base, which you'll definitely want to do (note
      that you need a non-base area for the gauge pins).

      > (And it might be worth considering buying a larger base than you
      need and having it cut appropriately if you anticipate upsizing your
      press at some point.)