Brush on plate processor

  • Elaine Luther
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2007
      Hi,

      I am wondering if you guys can advise me on my new plate processor --
      since the brush is brand new, it is releasing a ton of bristles or
      hairs. It's like having a huge shedding dog.

      Any tips on getting the loose hairs out? Do I just have to wait it out?

      Thanks,

      ~Elaine
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2007
        Elaine

        Bit of a shocker isn't it. Yeah, you have to wait it out.

        Run the washout unit without a plate attached and a lot of the loose
        hairs will sink in the bath.

        If hairs are stock on the plate after washout, pull them off with a
        tweezers before drying the plate. Check again before post-exposure.

        This will pretty much disappear in a few days.

        Bit surprising that this is happening on a new platemaking machine
        though (rather than a replacement brush). Usually the manufacturer or
        sales rep would test this out. What manufacturer/brand?

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine Luther"