Hot lead type

  • rgraphix214
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
      Does anyone know where the closest operating hot lead machine is to La
      Crosse, WI? I've heard there is one in the Minneapolis area, but don't
      know the name of the company.

      We have a customer in need of 20 duplicate type high cuts (the sample
      he sent is hot lead type). The type they need is only 4 letters of
      about 12 pt. type and I don't want to sacrifice a finger in the saw
      trying to cut
      them out.
    • Warren Gailbreath, Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
        May be one in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Henry Weiland is
        his name. If he can't do it he might be able to tell
        you who can.

        Good Luck.

        Warren Gailbreath,Jr.
        Southwest Finishing, Inc.
        Ft.Worth, Texas
        APA # 800
      • parallel_imp
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "rgraphix214" <deystad@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know where the closest operating hot lead machine is to La
          > Crosse, WI? I've heard there is one in the Minneapolis area, but don't
          > know the name of the company.

          Superior Letterpress is in Cornucopia WI and I think they can do slug
          composition:
          <http://www.superiorletterpress.com/ourshop.html>

          Also, you can order Linotype composition through:
          <http://www.linotypesetting.com/html/home.php>

          --E Holub, SF
        • rgraphix214
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
            Thanks to both of you for responding. That should do it!

            Dick

            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "parallel_imp" <Megalonyx@...>