Re: The Vandercook Market

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
      Jessica

      One of the 15s with a hyphen after the 15 followed by a couple of
      numbers. I deleted the email and can't recall exactly. The $8,000 is
      the asking price. From what I was told it is cleaned up and ready for
      sale. That's all I know about it and all I want to.

      > Actually, I was wondering if you knew what model sold for $8000.
      > --Jessica
      >
      > > From: "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...>
      > > Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 04:35:09 -0000
      > > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: The Vandercook Market
      > >
      > > Jessica
      > >
      > > That's up to us. They don't know about it yet. But they are our last
      > > best hope.
      > >
      > > Gerald
      > > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
      > >

      > > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Spring <springtide@>
      > > wrote:
      > >>
      > >> what model??

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Paul Moxon
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
        Probably a 15-21. The link between the 4 and the Uni I. An adjustable bed is standard

        I recall not long ago hearing about a pair of No.4s supposedly never used and in original
        crates for the asking price of $8,500. There was an SP20 on Briar Press about a year ago
        offered for $12,000. Now that's over-valued!

        Friends and listers, I am still seeking help in compiling a vandercook census <http://
        vandercookpress.info/vanderblog/census/> To date, I have listed 769 presses, albeit
        some of this data is incomplete. I write to many owners/caretakers individually with mixed
        success. I have gotten help from several folks (Alex Brooks, Terry Chouinard, Duncan
        Dempster, Eric Holub, Nicholas Kennedy, Daniel Morris, Michael Russem, Dave Seat, Hal
        Sterne, Bernie Vinzani, and Bill Whitley.

        Still, there are quite a few people I have yet to contact and I'm certain that there many
        more unknown to me. The census wont stabilize prices, but I do think that it contributes
        to the collective knowledge for maintaining the ones in use. (OK, the census does include
        a couple of lawn ornaments.)

        See also my other fledgling censuses for Asbern, Challenge, FAG, Reprex, et al.

        Thanks, Paul (vanderdork)

      • lemontreepress@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
          In a message dated 6/6/2007 8:16:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          moxon@... writes:

          there are quite a few people I have yet to contact

          Hi Paul..I just looked at the census and I see I am listed BUT neither I nor
          my press are located in Santa Cruz. I'd LOVE to be located in Santa Cruz but
          we (me and my Universal 1 ) are in Rancho Santa Fe near San Diego. I'll send
          you the other info off-line.
          Best wishes,
          Nancy Bloch