Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: The Vandercook Market

  • speedgray@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
      Fritz:

      I picked $2500 out of thin air. It's probably low. But, we'll never know
      until we ask, will we.

      Hey, you're the keeper of the Vandercook name; how about getting into this.
      If there are up-front investments required, solicit some support from the
      list. Let some of us invest for a "piece of the action."

      Speed

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
        Jessica

        One of the 15s with a hyphen after the 15 followed by a couple of
        numbers. I deleted the email and can't recall exactly. The $8,000 is
        the asking price. From what I was told it is cleaned up and ready for
        sale. That's all I know about it and all I want to.

        > Actually, I was wondering if you knew what model sold for $8000.
        > --Jessica
        >
        > > From: "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...>
        > > Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 04:35:09 -0000
        > > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        > > Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: The Vandercook Market
        > >
        > > Jessica
        > >
        > > That's up to us. They don't know about it yet. But they are our last
        > > best hope.
        > >
        > > Gerald
        > > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
        > >

        > > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Spring <springtide@>
        > > wrote:
        > >>
        > >> what model??

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul Moxon
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
          Probably a 15-21. The link between the 4 and the Uni I. An adjustable bed is standard

          I recall not long ago hearing about a pair of No.4s supposedly never used and in original
          crates for the asking price of $8,500. There was an SP20 on Briar Press about a year ago
          offered for $12,000. Now that's over-valued!

          Friends and listers, I am still seeking help in compiling a vandercook census <http://
          vandercookpress.info/vanderblog/census/> To date, I have listed 769 presses, albeit
          some of this data is incomplete. I write to many owners/caretakers individually with mixed
          success. I have gotten help from several folks (Alex Brooks, Terry Chouinard, Duncan
          Dempster, Eric Holub, Nicholas Kennedy, Daniel Morris, Michael Russem, Dave Seat, Hal
          Sterne, Bernie Vinzani, and Bill Whitley.

          Still, there are quite a few people I have yet to contact and I'm certain that there many
          more unknown to me. The census wont stabilize prices, but I do think that it contributes
          to the collective knowledge for maintaining the ones in use. (OK, the census does include
          a couple of lawn ornaments.)

          See also my other fledgling censuses for Asbern, Challenge, FAG, Reprex, et al.

          Thanks, Paul (vanderdork)

        • lemontreepress@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
            In a message dated 6/6/2007 8:16:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            moxon@... writes:

            there are quite a few people I have yet to contact

            Hi Paul..I just looked at the census and I see I am listed BUT neither I nor
            my press are located in Santa Cruz. I'd LOVE to be located in Santa Cruz but
            we (me and my Universal 1 ) are in Rancho Santa Fe near San Diego. I'll send
            you the other info off-line.
            Best wishes,
            Nancy Bloch