[PPLetterpress] Re: The Vandercook Market

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
      At 3:04 PM +0000 5 06 07, nagraph1 wrote:
      >... The press to
      >build would be the Universal I as being a superior press to the SP-
      >15.
      >
      >Fritz

      Fritz

      Interesting that you say this... say more, if you would!

      I've got a Uni I, and always had the impression that I had the poor cousin compared to the shiny SP-15s everyone was lusting after ;-)

      Ciao
      Peter

      Semiotx Inc. http://typeandmeaning.com

      Galena, Illinois http://www.alphabets.com
      Philosophy Fonts Lettering
    • Jessica Spring
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
        Actually, I was wondering if you knew what model sold for $8000.
        --Jessica

      • speedgray@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
          Fritz:

          I picked $2500 out of thin air. It's probably low. But, we'll never know
          until we ask, will we.

          Hey, you're the keeper of the Vandercook name; how about getting into this.
          If there are up-front investments required, solicit some support from the
          list. Let some of us invest for a "piece of the action."

          Speed

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
            Jessica

            One of the 15s with a hyphen after the 15 followed by a couple of
            numbers. I deleted the email and can't recall exactly. The $8,000 is
            the asking price. From what I was told it is cleaned up and ready for
            sale. That's all I know about it and all I want to.

            > Actually, I was wondering if you knew what model sold for $8000.
            > --Jessica
            >
            > > From: "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...>
            > > Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 04:35:09 -0000
            > > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
            > > Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: The Vandercook Market
            > >
            > > Jessica
            > >
            > > That's up to us. They don't know about it yet. But they are our last
            > > best hope.
            > >
            > > Gerald
            > > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
            > >

            > > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Spring <springtide@>
            > > wrote:
            > >>
            > >> what model??

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Paul Moxon
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
              Probably a 15-21. The link between the 4 and the Uni I. An adjustable bed is standard

              I recall not long ago hearing about a pair of No.4s supposedly never used and in original
              crates for the asking price of $8,500. There was an SP20 on Briar Press about a year ago
              offered for $12,000. Now that's over-valued!

              Friends and listers, I am still seeking help in compiling a vandercook census <http://
              vandercookpress.info/vanderblog/census/> To date, I have listed 769 presses, albeit
              some of this data is incomplete. I write to many owners/caretakers individually with mixed
              success. I have gotten help from several folks (Alex Brooks, Terry Chouinard, Duncan
              Dempster, Eric Holub, Nicholas Kennedy, Daniel Morris, Michael Russem, Dave Seat, Hal
              Sterne, Bernie Vinzani, and Bill Whitley.

              Still, there are quite a few people I have yet to contact and I'm certain that there many
              more unknown to me. The census wont stabilize prices, but I do think that it contributes
              to the collective knowledge for maintaining the ones in use. (OK, the census does include
              a couple of lawn ornaments.)

              See also my other fledgling censuses for Asbern, Challenge, FAG, Reprex, et al.

              Thanks, Paul (vanderdork)

            • lemontreepress@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 6, 2007
                In a message dated 6/6/2007 8:16:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                moxon@... writes:

                there are quite a few people I have yet to contact

                Hi Paul..I just looked at the census and I see I am listed BUT neither I nor
                my press are located in Santa Cruz. I'd LOVE to be located in Santa Cruz but
                we (me and my Universal 1 ) are in Rancho Santa Fe near San Diego. I'll send
                you the other info off-line.
                Best wishes,
                Nancy Bloch