Questions about Interflex A-4

  • Jacob Groth
    Message 1 of 50 , Jun 2, 2007
      Dear PP Letterpress People,

      I recently purchased a used Interflex A-4 and have been searching the archives (without success) for questions I have. I received a copy of the manual from Boxcar Press and haven't been able to find my answers in the manual either. I'm sure that somewhere within the rich resources of this list lies my answer. I have a general understanding of platemaking and have experience using a very basic machine with metal backed plates. So, now that I have this Interflex, I'm excited to learn what it can do, but I need to have a basic understanding of what some of the buttons and settings do. Anyway, if someone would be so kind to answer the following questions for me, I'd be very grateful:

      1. On the digital temperature gauge, what do the following digital readings mean:

      PV?
      SV?

      2. On that same gauge, what are the following LED's for:

      AT?
      AH?
      AL/HB?

      3. Does anyone have a datasheet for using the KF 152 deep relief plate from Boxcar? Or, what are the best settings for producing line art and text (not smaller than 12 pt)? I checked the Boxcar website and found data sheets for other types of plates, but not the KF 152. I'm not printing any halftones or anything that requires super fine detail. Just basic text and even more basic line art. Specifically:

      a) exposure time and temp?
      b) washout time and temp?
      c) post exposure time and temp?

      Any help in this area will be much appreciated.

      Sincerely,
      Jacob Groth
      El Dorado Hills, CA USA
      916-606-3127

      Message 50 of 50 , Jun 3, 2007
        Jacob

        Boxcar Press sells this machine. Just give Harold a call, he would
        know the meaning of the codes on the dials and readouts.

        > Thanks Gerald. That's exactly what I needed! You have been a
        valuable resource. I appreciate your kindness in sharing of your
        knowledge and time. And now, back to working on my other two
        Interflex A-4 specific questions ...