difference between ppi and dpi

  • simon@simonfoto.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2002
      I think it is important to understand the difference between PPI(pixels per
      inch) and DPI (dots per inch). I have found that a lot of people think they
      are the same. When you scan you scan using ppi, that amount of information
      is not the same as your output device which uses dpi. I think the best way
      is to determine what amount of pixel information you need for your
      particular output device. I have found that matching ppi to dpi is overkill
      and just slows down my processing.

      -Simon Blundell
    • Erik Desmyter
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2002
        > When you scan you scan using ppi, that amount of information is not the
        same as your output device which uses dpi.

        Also for a TIFF file created after scanning in line-art?

        Erik