Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Digital Punch

  • Prof P.B. Watry
    Message 1 of 50 , May 18, 2007
      Hello Fritz

      A wiki has now been set up for the Digital Punch project at:

      http://www.kato.mvc.mcc.ac.uk/rss-wiki/VizNET/DigitalPunch

      which gives some interesting examples of early tests conducted at
      Liverpool and Manchester.

      The SEM gives spectrum results, which allows the material to be
      characterized as well (quite interesting in itself).

      I am happy to have this information more widely distributed and I'll
      incorporate more information in the future. Please note we are now
      looking at the possibility of digitizing 6x6 rack of punches / matrices;
      also that there is no need to touch the face of punches / matrices.

      Regarding your comments below: I 100% agree with your assessment about
      the "range of discussion" going beyond the matrix blank.

      Paul
      Message 50 of 50 , Jun 3, 2007
        Jacob

        Boxcar Press sells this machine. Just give Harold a call, he would
        know the meaning of the codes on the dials and readouts.

        > Thanks Gerald. That's exactly what I needed! You have been a
        valuable resource. I appreciate your kindness in sharing of your
        knowledge and time. And now, back to working on my other two
        Interflex A-4 specific questions ...