Re: color/ink question + digression

  • amy borezo
    Message 1 of 12 , May 15, 2007
      I did a quick search of the archives at letpress list and there were a few
      posts reporting splotchy or mottled ink coverage associated with trans.
      white. No definitive answer seemed to be offered up, but there were many
      suggestions.

      A lovely thread on inking was posted at Vanderblog recently, too. Of special
      note was the desired stiffness of ink and the multiple passes often used
      when printing large solids.

      I still like soy inks for the low VOCs but will be trying some stone litho
      inks soon to see how they compare for quality.

      Please let us all know if and how you figure out your dots in solid areas
      conundrum.

      amy
      shelter/books
      www.shelterbookworks.com