Letterpress Printers of the World Website Update (CROSS POSTED)

  • Lance Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7 6:01 PM
      WOW! With this weekend's new additions to the website, I now have over 100
      entries to the list. I am impressed, but it has taken almost 3 years to
      make it here... Unfortunately, during last summer, when my health was not
      too good, I lost a bunch of entries because my email program was set to
      delete emails over 3 months old, and I had not saved thoes emails over to
      an archive... So, if you submitted an entry last year, and it is not on
      the site now, it was one of those lost entries. The only one I know for
      sure was Harold Berliner, as I do have his picture saved for putting on his
      submission page.....

      Anyway, anyone else wanting to be added to the site, check it out at:

      www.letterpressprinters.org

      - Lance Williams, Webmaster
      Letterpress Printers of the World Website
      APA #78
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7 6:51 PM
        At 9:01 PM -0400 7 05 07, Lance Williams wrote:
        >WOW! With this weekend's new additions to the website, I now have over 100
        >entries to the list. -- http://www.letterpressprinters.org

        Hi Lance (et alia)

        I'll get to this soon - finally getting back to the dark arts after a decade and more.
        The 10x15 OS C&P and Vandercook "Universal I" have been badly abused in a friend's damp cellar for some years. Lots of cleaning to do, but serendipity has brought a Model 219 (#15219) and a lovely little 8x12 OS C&P, and soon a Washington-style (Morgan & Wilcox). Must be something about a warehouse that attracts the stuff.

        http://flickr.com/photos/pfraterdeus

        Excuse the quality of our "first impression" just wanted to get some ink on something, so it's pretty wobbly 'lock-up' ;-)

        For now, any Irish printers, typographers on the list?
        I'll be in Tullamore on Thursday this and through the weekend, Dublin on Monday, London (but too busy to visit) Tues & Weds next and back in Ireland Thurs & Friday next, then back to Chicago

        All the best
        PF

        PS I'm cross-posting also to the ATypI members list, who may be interested in the Letterpress Printers of the World ;-)
        ATypI 2007 International Conference in Brighton www.atypi.org

        Semiotx Inc. http://typeandmeaning.com

        Galena, Illinois http://www.alphabets.com
        Philosophy Fonts Lettering