Re: Ludlow PLS 150

  • parallel_imp
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6 5:30 PM
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Jones" <austin@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have any information on this unit? I have one and would
      like to
      > know what I have and what it is going to take to get it operational.

      I use the same unit, but I don't have any refence materials. It is
      only an exposure unit, no washout or drying. You can expose liquid
      photopolymer using the glass sandwich above the bank of UV tubes, or
      expose sheet photopolymer in the vacuum unit beneath them. There is a
      three-unit digital timer for exposure, with readout in seconds, and
      you just push those tiny buttons to set each number, say 240 for 4
      minutes. There are safety switches connected to the top cover and the
      two drawers that will shut off the lamps if opened so your skin and
      eyes aren't exposed to a very dangerous part of the light spectrum.
      The vacuum drawer has a removable bottom, handy when replacing the
      cover sheet or cleaning it, and needs to be seated correctly against a
      rubber o-ring to get a proper seal for vacuuum drawdown.
      If there is anything wrong with the electrical components you may
      have your work cut out fixing them.
      Eric Holub, SF