Re: Ludlow PLS 150

    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2007
      Austin

      If you don't get your needed info here you might want to try
      IntertypeWorld

      That's where all the linecasters hang out.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Jones" <austin@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have any information on this unit? I have one and would
      like to
      > know what I have and what it is going to take to get it operational.
      >
      > tks
      > Austin Jones
      > prints by AJ
      > Point Pleasant, WV USA
      > austin@...
      > http://printsbyaj.com

    • Austin Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2007
        I guess the name Ludlow suggests linecaster. This has the name Ludlow
        Typograph Co. on the rear. It is a Photopolymer Plate Maker. That is why I
        posted the question here. I posted some photos under the album Ludlow PLS
        150

        tks

        Austin Jones
        prints by AJ
        Point Pleasant, WV USA
        austin@...
        http://printsbyaj.com

        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2007
          Austin

          This looks like the kind of machine that was used in rubber stamp
          making. Ludlow was manufacturing into the 1980s but I don't know when
          they closed down or where their business archives ended up (assuming
          they might have been saved).

          > I guess the name Ludlow suggests linecaster. This has the name Ludlow
          > Typograph Co. on the rear. It is a Photopolymer Plate Maker. That is
          why I
          > posted the question here. I posted some photos under the album
          Ludlow PLS
          > 150
          >
          > tks
          >
          > Austin Jones
          > prints by AJ
          > Point Pleasant, WV USA
          > austin@...
          > http://printsbyaj.com

        • parallel_imp
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2007
            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Jones" <austin@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone have any information on this unit? I have one and would
            like to
            > know what I have and what it is going to take to get it operational.

            I use the same unit, but I don't have any refence materials. It is
            only an exposure unit, no washout or drying. You can expose liquid
            photopolymer using the glass sandwich above the bank of UV tubes, or
            expose sheet photopolymer in the vacuum unit beneath them. There is a
            three-unit digital timer for exposure, with readout in seconds, and
            you just push those tiny buttons to set each number, say 240 for 4
            minutes. There are safety switches connected to the top cover and the
            two drawers that will shut off the lamps if opened so your skin and
            eyes aren't exposed to a very dangerous part of the light spectrum.
            The vacuum drawer has a removable bottom, handy when replacing the
            cover sheet or cleaning it, and needs to be seated correctly against a
            rubber o-ring to get a proper seal for vacuuum drawdown.
            If there is anything wrong with the electrical components you may
            have your work cut out fixing them.
            Eric Holub, SF