Ludlow PLS 150

  • Austin Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6 11:58 AM
      Does anyone have any information on this unit? I have one and would like to
      know what I have and what it is going to take to get it operational.

      tks
      Austin Jones
      prints by AJ
      Point Pleasant, WV USA
      austin@...
      http://printsbyaj.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6 12:49 PM
        Austin

        If you don't get your needed info here you might want to try
        IntertypeWorld

        That's where all the linecasters hang out.

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Jones" <austin@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have any information on this unit? I have one and would
        like to
        > know what I have and what it is going to take to get it operational.
        >
        > tks
        > Austin Jones
        > prints by AJ
        > Point Pleasant, WV USA
        > austin@...
        > http://printsbyaj.com

      • Austin Jones
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6 1:28 PM
          I guess the name Ludlow suggests linecaster. This has the name Ludlow
          Typograph Co. on the rear. It is a Photopolymer Plate Maker. That is why I
          posted the question here. I posted some photos under the album Ludlow PLS
          150

          tks

          Austin Jones
          prints by AJ
          Point Pleasant, WV USA
          austin@...
          http://printsbyaj.com

          Message 4 of 6 , May 6 2:34 PM
            Austin

            This looks like the kind of machine that was used in rubber stamp
            making. Ludlow was manufacturing into the 1980s but I don't know when
            they closed down or where their business archives ended up (assuming
            they might have been saved).

            > I guess the name Ludlow suggests linecaster. This has the name Ludlow
            > Typograph Co. on the rear. It is a Photopolymer Plate Maker. That is
            why I
            > posted the question here. I posted some photos under the album
            Ludlow PLS
            > 150
            >
            > tks
            >
            > Austin Jones
            > prints by AJ
            > Point Pleasant, WV USA
            > austin@...
            > http://printsbyaj.com

          • parallel_imp
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6 5:30 PM
              --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Jones" <austin@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone have any information on this unit? I have one and would
              like to
              > know what I have and what it is going to take to get it operational.

              I use the same unit, but I don't have any refence materials. It is
              only an exposure unit, no washout or drying. You can expose liquid
              photopolymer using the glass sandwich above the bank of UV tubes, or
              expose sheet photopolymer in the vacuum unit beneath them. There is a
              three-unit digital timer for exposure, with readout in seconds, and
              you just push those tiny buttons to set each number, say 240 for 4
              minutes. There are safety switches connected to the top cover and the
              two drawers that will shut off the lamps if opened so your skin and
              eyes aren't exposed to a very dangerous part of the light spectrum.
              The vacuum drawer has a removable bottom, handy when replacing the
              cover sheet or cleaning it, and needs to be seated correctly against a
              rubber o-ring to get a proper seal for vacuuum drawdown.
              If there is anything wrong with the electrical components you may
              have your work cut out fixing them.
              Eric Holub, SF