Instruction & Servicing

  • hiartz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2007
      Hello,
      A couple of things - There is a FAG proofing press at my place of work,
      which needs to be brought back into commission as it has been standing idle for
      some time. Anyone know of a service engineer who could do this on site?

      Also I need to have some tuition on using a Heidelberg Platen. (This machine
      probably needs a service too!)

      I'm in Luton and the machines are in Central London.

      Any suggestions gratefully received!

      Helen

      __________________
      Helen Ingham MA CSM, Hi-Artz Press, PO Box 927, Luton LU1 5ZF, England.
      T:01582 419355 M:07980 464994
      A member of the BPS and Association of Illustrators_
      www.myspace.com/hi_artzpress_ (http://www.myspace.com/hi_artzpress) _www.hi-artz.co.uk_
      (http://www.hi-artz.co.uk/)

      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2007
        Helen

        The main contact for FAG service would be

        http://www.fag.ch/services/services.htm

        They still rebuild the presses.

        I'd suggest Senior Graphics for the Heidelberg

        http://www.seniorgraphics.co.uk/

        This information, by the way, is listed the Links section on site here.

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, hiartz@... wrote:

        > Hello,
        > A couple of things - There is a FAG proofing press at my place of
        work,
        > which needs to be brought back into commission as it has been
        standing idle for
        > some time. Anyone know of a service engineer who could do this on
        site?

        > Also I need to have some tuition on using a Heidelberg Platen. (This
        machine
        > probably needs a service too!)
        >
        > I'm in Luton and the machines are in Central London.
        >
        > Any suggestions gratefully received!
        >
        > Helen

        > __________________
        > Helen Ingham MA CSM, Hi-Artz Press, PO Box 927, Luton LU1 5ZF,
        England.
        > T:01582 419355 M:07980 464994
        > A member of the BPS and Association of Illustrators_
        > www.myspace.com/hi_artzpress_ (http://www.myspace.com/hi_artzpress)
        _www.hi-artz.co.uk_
        > (http://www.hi-artz.co.uk/)

      • Norman Hicks
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2007

          I thought that all FAG built were offset proof presses. We have a
          Steinmesse & Stollberg Dufa 704.
          This is basically a 31" x 43" offset proof press very similar to the
          FAG Korrex 2000. Ours is for sale...

          Norman

          Hicks Brothers Printing Equipment
          582 6th Street
          San Francisco, California 94103-4708
          United States of America

          415-575-0933 office
          415-575-0907 fax
          415-725-1670 cell

          nh@...
          http://printingequip.com visit it repeatedly!!!

          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2007
            Norman

            FAG stopped manufacturing their letterpress reproduction presses
            around the same time Vandercook did.

            The FAGs were the top of the line. An acquaintance of mine has one of
            the rebuilts. An engineering marvel.

          • hiartz@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2007
              Thanks Gerald, That's really helpful