Re: hello

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2002
      I am realy intrested
      > in how I can put a design on to cover of a book, what can I do that
      > can leave a tooled/embossed design on top of pasted up leather,
      > something that I can place on top of a book, put in in a book press,
      > apply some force and get a design on to the leather....
      > or prehaps somthing that I can put under the leather and mold the
      > leather on top of it....
      > so I was thinking prehaps what I need, you have.... so does any one have any
      > ideas?
      >
      > deirdre thompson

      Hi Deirdre

      I think you are looking for a stamping press as used in hot foil
      stamping (?). These can accomodate certain kinds of metal type or
      engraving dies. Dies are usually produced through the photomechanical
      engraving process but there are several manufacturers now making
      photopolymer plates/dies for this purpose.

      Does this help? Bit outside my area of expertise. Don't know if I'm
      equipped to help you find suppliers.

      Good luck

      Gerald
    • bielerpr
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2002
        Deirdre

        After my post I remembered I had left something out. You might want
        to try a similar post at Book_Arts-L

        There are many more bookbinders on that list who might be able to
        help you. The above address should allow you to access the archives
        without being a member (all these lists have a back door) but there
        should also be some information there about signing up.