Re: Your own personalized letterpress necklace

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2007
      Eileen

      This is quite brilliant. Hate to say it, but you could probably sell
      this. You've certainly got the hype down. Ha! you might even pick up a
      willing distributor or two from this list!!!

      Gerald

      > I should never have underestimated the capacity of commerce to turn
      a trick.

      > *********************************
      > My new business reveals itself. And here, the first ad to appear in
      > the NYTimes, and other assorted papers:
      >
      > HELL BOX MAGIC REVEALS INNER TRUTH! DAMAGED LETTER FORMS
      > FORM THE KEY
      > TO YOUR LIFE CODE!
      >
      > Feeling out of sorts? Seeking the ONCE-HIDDEN TREASURES of true
      > alphabetic divination?
      >
      > USE HELL BOX MAGIC!
      >
      > With Hell Box Magic, you can find your secret revealed in the the
      > magical smashed & dinged letters INDIVIDUALLY chosen to predict your
      > future both upside down and backwards.
      >
      > Now, you can know your own personal truths, your future life's secret
      > for happiness previously hidden for centuries within the Black Arts
      > of Printing.
      >
      > Using a centuries old techniques of divination once known only by
      > "Printer's Devils," Hell Box Magic is the one, true path to the
      > Secrets of the Illuminati - a gnostic revelations of Alphabetic
      > Magic in which you CHOOSE your own readings through the special "dip
      > and read" method.
      >
      > See your name as revealed by the Printer's Devils! Look to the Black
      > Arts for the Techniques of the Secrets Arts! Know how to read the
      > truth of yr life upside down and backwards! Find joy in lead!
      >

      > RUSH you payment now. Operators standing by.
      >

      > Eileen

    • Maryellen Quarles
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2007
        This made my day! If someone were to typeset this (Hammerpress in
        Kansas City would do a brilliant job) it would be magnificent. Count
        me in for a copy from the first run.

        Maryellen Quarles
        Byrne Street Studio
        Houston, Texas
      • Eileen Callahan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10, 2007
          Whew! And I thought money could only be made by more money. This is
          my big chance.

          (Someone wrote in wanting to print this somewhere - Book Arts
          newsletter, I think. I lost the e-mail, so please excuse this
          reproduction of Hell Box Magic in this post.)

          As for using this: Feel free! Some punctuation and verb/subject
          DIS-agreement generated by the too-fast flying fingers in original:
          Fixed below in this version. (Can't help myself : it's the English
          Teacher in me.)

          Everyone else can ignore this version below.

          Cheers,

          Eileen

          (grammar errors fixed)

          HELL BOX MAGIC REVEALS INNER TRUTH!
          DAMAGED LETTER FORMS
          CAN FORM THE KEY
          TO YOUR LIFE CODE!

          Feeling out of sorts? Seeking the ONCE-HIDDEN TREASURES of true
          alphabetic divination?

          USE HELL BOX MAGIC!

          With Hell Box Magic, you will find your personal life secrets revealed in the
          magical smashed & dinged letters INDIVIDUALLY chosen to predict your
          life's meaning both upside down and backwards.

          Now, you can know your own personal life truths now revealed
          within the mysterious logomancies
          of the Black Arts
          of Printing.

          Using a centuries old technique of divination once known only by
          "Printer's Devils," Hell Box Magic is the one, true path to the
          Secrets of the Illuminati - a gnostic revelation of Alphabetic
          Magic in which you CHOOSE your own individual readings through the special "dip

          --

          "Work as though you were in the
          early days of a Better Nation."

          "

        • Eileen Callahan
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2007
            Whew! If I knew that folks wanted The Hell Box Divination Tool,
            upside down and backwards, I would have cashed in a lot sooner.

            Anyone can feel free to use these injunctions toward Magiks :
            srammar and spelling and subject-verb object agreement are a vexation
            to flying fingers, so if anyone passes this on, the corrections would
            be appreciated: can't help myself: it's that English teacher instinct.

            Perhaps we will see a resurgence of The Illuminati?

            Cheers,

            Eileen

            --

            "Work as though you were in the
            early days of a new Nation."

            "

          • Graham and Kathy
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2007
              There was a time here when the Saturday editions of the national newspapers
              would have pages full of small 'display advertisements' for stuff that
              seemed as odd as this - I fancy getting some 6pt type and trying my hand at
              making a version.

              Best,

              Graham Moss
              Incline Press