Re: Your own personalized letterpress necklace

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2007
      Eileen

      This is quite brilliant. Hate to say it, but you could probably sell
      this. You've certainly got the hype down. Ha! you might even pick up a
      willing distributor or two from this list!!!

      Gerald

      > I should never have underestimated the capacity of commerce to turn
      a trick.

      > *********************************
      > My new business reveals itself. And here, the first ad to appear in
      > the NYTimes, and other assorted papers:
      >
      > HELL BOX MAGIC REVEALS INNER TRUTH! DAMAGED LETTER FORMS
      > FORM THE KEY
      > TO YOUR LIFE CODE!
      >
      > Feeling out of sorts? Seeking the ONCE-HIDDEN TREASURES of true
      > alphabetic divination?
      >
      > USE HELL BOX MAGIC!
      >
      > With Hell Box Magic, you can find your secret revealed in the the
      > magical smashed & dinged letters INDIVIDUALLY chosen to predict your
      > future both upside down and backwards.
      >
      > Now, you can know your own personal truths, your future life's secret
      > for happiness previously hidden for centuries within the Black Arts
      > of Printing.
      >
      > Using a centuries old techniques of divination once known only by
      > "Printer's Devils," Hell Box Magic is the one, true path to the
      > Secrets of the Illuminati - a gnostic revelations of Alphabetic
      > Magic in which you CHOOSE your own readings through the special "dip
      > and read" method.
      >
      > See your name as revealed by the Printer's Devils! Look to the Black
      > Arts for the Techniques of the Secrets Arts! Know how to read the
      > truth of yr life upside down and backwards! Find joy in lead!
      >

      > RUSH you payment now. Operators standing by.
      >

      > Eileen

    • Eileen Callahan
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2007
        JEEEZ!

        And I thought the 1980's/ 1990's rage of using California Job Cases
        as "craft cases" for dried bean collections was . . . . .well who
        could top that?

        --

        "Work as though you were in the
        early days of a new Nation."

        "

      • Maryellen Quarles
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2007
          This made my day! If someone were to typeset this (Hammerpress in
          Kansas City would do a brilliant job) it would be magnificent. Count
          me in for a copy from the first run.

          Maryellen Quarles
          Byrne Street Studio
          Houston, Texas
        • Eileen Callahan
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 10, 2007
            Whew! And I thought money could only be made by more money. This is
            my big chance.

            (Someone wrote in wanting to print this somewhere - Book Arts
            newsletter, I think. I lost the e-mail, so please excuse this
            reproduction of Hell Box Magic in this post.)

            As for using this: Feel free! Some punctuation and verb/subject
            DIS-agreement generated by the too-fast flying fingers in original:
            Fixed below in this version. (Can't help myself : it's the English
            Teacher in me.)

            Everyone else can ignore this version below.

            Cheers,

            Eileen

            (grammar errors fixed)

            HELL BOX MAGIC REVEALS INNER TRUTH!
            DAMAGED LETTER FORMS
            CAN FORM THE KEY
            TO YOUR LIFE CODE!

            Feeling out of sorts? Seeking the ONCE-HIDDEN TREASURES of true
            alphabetic divination?

            USE HELL BOX MAGIC!

            With Hell Box Magic, you will find your personal life secrets revealed in the
            magical smashed & dinged letters INDIVIDUALLY chosen to predict your
            life's meaning both upside down and backwards.

            Now, you can know your own personal life truths now revealed
            within the mysterious logomancies
            of the Black Arts
            of Printing.

            Using a centuries old technique of divination once known only by
            "Printer's Devils," Hell Box Magic is the one, true path to the
            Secrets of the Illuminati - a gnostic revelation of Alphabetic
            Magic in which you CHOOSE your own individual readings through the special "dip

            --

            "Work as though you were in the
            early days of a Better Nation."

            "

          • Eileen Callahan
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2007
              Whew! If I knew that folks wanted The Hell Box Divination Tool,
              upside down and backwards, I would have cashed in a lot sooner.

              Anyone can feel free to use these injunctions toward Magiks :
              srammar and spelling and subject-verb object agreement are a vexation
              to flying fingers, so if anyone passes this on, the corrections would
              be appreciated: can't help myself: it's that English teacher instinct.

              Perhaps we will see a resurgence of The Illuminati?

              Cheers,

              Eileen

              --

              "Work as though you were in the
              early days of a new Nation."

              "

            • Graham and Kathy
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 11, 2007
                There was a time here when the Saturday editions of the national newspapers
                would have pages full of small 'display advertisements' for stuff that
                seemed as odd as this - I fancy getting some 6pt type and trying my hand at
                making a version.

                Best,

                Graham Moss
                Incline Press