Re: Boxcar Base

    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 7, 2007
      Just some information:

      Besides manufacturing magnetic flatbases and magnetic cylinders for
      the printing industry, Bunting actually makes non-magnetic cylinders
      for use with polyester-backed plates—and has for a "lot" longer than
      "boxcar plates" have been around. They never manufactured a
      non-magnetic flatbase though, I assume, market-wise, they saw no
      industry support since non-magnetic flatbases were readily available.
      I had a bunch of the old plastic newspaper bases at one point, and
      they were also made from type metal and wood (I have some very precise
      aluminum combination base material that was manufactured in Germany).
      Those old AWT and ATF catalogs list all sorts of base material.