Matthew Carter podcast

  • aborezo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007
      Just yesterday I listened to a podcast of a lecture by Matthew Carter.
      He's a very engaging speaker. He sets out to answer the question "Why
      design a new typeface?" and does so with numerous examples from his
      own work.

      My favorite was a typeface he designed for the Walker Art Center that
      has "snap-on" serifs which can be applied by a designer in any number
      of configurations.

      He touches on metal type and histories of letterforms...a great podcast:

      http://design.schoolofvisualarts.edu/weblog/guestlecture/2006/12/13/MatthewCarter.html

      amy b.
      shelter/Books
      www.shelterbookworks.com