presentation

  • june251907
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2007
      I'm interested to know how other members communicate what letterpress is
      about to prospective clients.
      What is the process like when you're not "preaching to the converted".

      A personal anecdote to start things off:
      I traded printing cards for some photography with a friend who is a
      fashion photographer. When we met he thought I was an undertaker
      and kind of tolerated my enthusiasm for letterpress. So he got his cards
      and sent me this email today: subject: YOURE A GENIUS, body: I HAVE NOW
      SEEN A GROWN MAN STROKE MY BUSINESS CARD AGAINST HIS
      CHEEK SAYING "OH IT FEELS SO GOOOOD"
      He tells me that when he hands out his card now, "American Psycho"
      becomes part of the conversation.
      I'm sure we all have had similar experiences, which I would like to hear about
      to help me explain what letterpress is to those who have not yet had these
      "white light" experiences.
      Yo, help me out over here. :-)