Re: [PPLetterpress] envelope suggestions

  • Kayle Simon
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
      Christine:

      You might try Altantic Papers in PA. (atlanticpapers.com) The are, I
      believe, the only US rep for Velke Losiny Moldau paper, which has
      been milled since the 15th century. It is spectacular and they have
      pre-made envelopes. (The paper is 40% cotten, 60% linen). T

      Their website is not very good but they are kind enough to send
      examples of everything they suggest for Letterpress. Also, for
      letterpress printers, they have no minimums fand no charge for cuts
      or duplexing. They seem to want to support the "industry," if you can
      call us that!

      Kayle Simon
      Indigo Design

      On Mar 20, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Harold Kyle wrote:

      > Interestingly enough, Arturo is not cotton, but 100% high alpha
      > cellulose. Many printers market this paper as cotton, and it's very
      > cotton-like in its softness, but it's really made out of virgin tree
      > pulp. Cranes envelopes are made from cotton, and so are the Somerset
      > envelopes that Legion recently introduced. Mills such as Neenah and
      > Gilbert have cotton paper that might have corresponding envelopes,
      > but these are not well suited to invitations (they probably don't
      > have an inner-outer envelope) and look more "commercial." I can't
      > think of any other off-the-shelf envelopes that are truly cotton (as
      > opposed to cotton-like)! Cranes might be your best bet. Good luck!
      >
      > I hope this helps,
      > Harold
      >
      > Mar 20, 2007, at 12:42 PM, brandtchristine wrote:
      > > an anyone suggest a few sources of nice cotton envelopes (for
      > > letterpress of course). I'm
      > > designing a wedding invitation and she wants double envelopes (!)
      > > I'm having a hard time
      > > finding anything of quality. I like Arturto and Crane's Lettra, but
      > > their sizes are limited.
      > >
      > > thank you,
      > > Christine
      > >

      > Harold Kyle
      > Boxcar Press
      > 501 W. Fayette St. #222 ~ Syracuse, NY 13204
      > 315-473-0930 phone ~ 315-473-0967 fax
      > http://www.boxcarpress.com

      Kayle Simon
      Indigo Graphic Design