Fontlab/Fontographer

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      Dear PPL members

      For those of you who do have Fontographer I have put a simple font
      modification sequence in Files. I'd also refer you to Stephen Moye's
      book Fontographer: Type by Design for more sophisticated approaches to
      modifying fonts. This is now out-of-print but occasionally a copy
      shows up on the various book dealer lists. I have also put a link to
      Fontographer in Bookmarks. If you follow this you will also find a
      number of tech tips for using Fontographer.

      Having said all this, I too eagerly await the new version of FontLab.
      I have the first version for the Mac and it won't run on my computer.
      But I have heard great things about it from Justin and others. In that
      regard I have also put a link in Bookmarks to the TYPO-L archives
      where there was a lengthy discussion regarding the pros and cons of FL
      and FOG.

      All best

      Ger