Caligo Safe Wash Letterpress Inks

  • g_mtch
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 2007
      Has anyone had any experience with these inks that you could share?
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 19, 2007
        I haven't but I'd be interested in hearing of other's experiences as well.

        For those who might not know Caligo is a member here

        http://www.caligoinks.com/

        and I believe is distributed in the US by Graphic Chemical.

        http://www.graphicchemical.com/

        Gerald

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "g_mtch" <g_mtch@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone had any experience with these inks that you could share?

      • Vivian Leung
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 19, 2007
          Being able to wash the ink off the press with hand soap and water,
          how would that affect rubber rollers?

          Vivian
          lists@...

        • wa0dfw@copper.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 19, 2007
            Fine for rubber rollers. Deadly to composition rollers, plus you need
            to worry about rust on the press if you aren't careful.

            >Being able to wash the ink off the press with hand soap and water,
            >how would that affect rubber rollers?
            >

            >Vivian
            >lists@...
            >

            >On Mar 19, 2007, at 11:46 PM, Gerald Lange wrote:
            >
            >> I haven't but I'd be interested in hearing of other's experiences
            >> as well.
            >>
            >> For those who might not know Caligo is a member here
            >>
            >> http://www.caligoinks.com/
            >>
            >> and I believe is distributed in the US by Graphic Chemical.
            >>
            >> http://www.graphicchemical.com/
            >>
            >> Gerald
            >>
            >> --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "g_mtch" <g_mtch@...> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Has anyone had any experience with these inks that you could
            >share?

          • Vivian
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 20, 2007
              Thanks Mo. I think it may get really tricky to try and clean a
              Windmill with soap and water and dry the hidden areas to keep from
              rusting.

              Vivian
              lists@...