Re: [PPLetterpress] brushes

  • wa0dfw@copper.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18, 2007
      Well, you do seem to be on top of it, you have examined the brushes
      for condition and settings, they operate correctly as is. If you keep
      an eye on them and you see any early signs of deterioration, then
      jump right on it.

      I'd think that early signs would be bristled NOT standing straight or
      a few coming loose.

      Mo

      >Sure have heard that Mo. And I'd agree except that I can't afford the
      >
      >inevitable down time (and potential loss of business) when something
      >lingering does finally "break" and I wasn't on top of it enough to
      >prepare ahead for probable replacement.
      >
      >I was just wondering if there is a discernible pattern to brush
      >degradation that one should be aware of or look out for.
      >
      >Gerald
      >
      >wa0dfw@... wrote:
      >> Have you ever heard "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
      >>
      >> Mo
      >>

      >>> I've had my photopolymer plate machine (A&V Orbital VIII) for near
      >12
      >>> years now and I'm beginning to wonder about brush replacement. Far
      >as
      >>> I can tell nothing is wrong. Brushes look okay, still standing
      >>> straight up, no problems with surface disturbance on plates or
      >>> washout. No photopolymer residue, etc.
      >>>
      >>> However, my rep says that some of his customers replace them every
      >>> six
      >>> months. At $600+ a pop I guess I'd need to know just what to look