Patras: Cultural Capital of Europe
- DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL REPLY FUNCTION TO RESPOND TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
PLEASE RESPOND TO <mailto:orders@...> orders@...
Learn more about the city that was named Cultural Capital of Europe for
Read about the development of Patras, from the time its mythical founder,
Patreus, laid its foundations, to the populous, vibrant town it has become.
This volume is filled with beautiful full-color photographs and crisp
drawings that help to illustrate the history of this remarkable place.
PATRAS: From Ancient Times to the Present
Edited by Triantaphyllos E. Sklavenitis and Konstantinos Sp. Staikos
Read more here: http://www.oakknoll.com/detail.php?d_booknr=92858
Some of the fascinating topics covered in the book:
* The archeological treasures of ancient Patrai
* The castles of Patras
* The accounts of foreign travelers over the ages
* Town planning, architectural monuments and the development of Patras
* Opera, shadow theater, cinema and carnival in the city
* The Press, printing-presses and book-production in Patras
* Patras today
Depend on Oak Knoll Press for books about books and cultural history. You
can order securely from our website or order by phone, email, or fax.
Your Oak Knollers
Oak Knoll Press
Oak Knoll Books
310 Delaware Street New Castle DE 19720
P: 302.328.7232 - F: 302.328.7274 - E: oakknoll@... web
Member Antiquarian Bookseller's Association of America (ABAA)
International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB)
Buy with confidence of consumer protection when you buy from an ILAB
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]