A Vandercook Universal III question

  • featherweightpress
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2007
      My manual for the Universal III shows that it was available with
      either a 42 inch or 30 inch feed board. Both of my Universal IIIs have
      the longer one, but also have a bed extension at the far end of the
      press bed. This makes the press akwardly long and difficult to get
      around in my studio. My option is either to eliminate the bed
      extension (this requires modification of the adjustable bed mechanism)
      or shorten the feed board.
      So my question is this- does anyone have a Universal III with the
      shorter 30 inch feed board? Do you find it to be sufficient?

      Thanks,
      Daniel Morris
      The Arm Letterpress
      Brooklyn, NY
    • Charles D. Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2007
        Hello Daniel,
        Yes, I have the shorter feed board and find it sufficient. I do have tables
        on either side for paper, proofs, etc.
        Charles