Re: New Wood Type Set

  • SK Polzen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
      Thanks Graham.
      Unfortunately, this is the only set that I have right now, so I can't offer it for sale. I would
      be happy to let printers use it though if we can connect. I would love to make more, but
      I've sadly left my shop behind in Vancouver because of my recent move to The
      Netherlands.

      The type is 0.918" high, with a tolerance of +/-0.003".

      All the best,
      Scott

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Graham and Kathy <kwhalen.incline@...> wrote:

      > Excellent, and well done Scott.
      >
      > Now, is the fount being offered for sale, and if so what is the fount
      > make-up, is it Anglo-American or Dutch type height, and what is the price
      > for the 12-line size?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >

      > Graham Moss
      > Incline Press
      > 36 Bow Street
      > Oldham OL1 1SJ England
      > http://www.inclinepress.com
      >

      > On 28/2/07 11:02, "SK Polzen" <skpolzen@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello everyone,
      > >
      > > I'm happy to announce that I've finished making my first set of end grain,
      > > eastern maple
      > > wood type. The typeface is based on Carol Twombly's Chaparral Bold and the
      > > blocks are
      > > 10 and 12 pica. I've posted a number of pictures on my website if you are
      > > interested in
      > > hearing more about the production process: www.pqcc.net.
      > >
      > > If there is anyone else out there who is making wood type, I'd love to talk
      > > shop; please feel
      > > free to get in touch!
      > >
      > > For anyone living in/around The Netherlands, I am currently living in Utrecht
      > > and would be
      > > happy to show you my type in person.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Scott Polzen

    • Graham and Kathy
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
        Thanks Scott. When you get into production let me know and I'll be glad to
        re-open the idea of getting a fount from you.

        Best,

        Graham Moss
        Incline Press
        36 Bow Street