New Wood Type Set

  • SK Polzen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
      Hello everyone,

      I'm happy to announce that I've finished making my first set of end grain, eastern maple
      wood type. The typeface is based on Carol Twombly's Chaparral Bold and the blocks are
      10 and 12 pica. I've posted a number of pictures on my website if you are interested in
      hearing more about the production process: www.pqcc.net.

      If there is anyone else out there who is making wood type, I'd love to talk shop; please feel
      free to get in touch!

      For anyone living in/around The Netherlands, I am currently living in Utrecht and would be
      happy to show you my type in person.

      Cheers,
      Scott Polzen
    • Graham and Kathy
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
        Excellent, and well done Scott.

        Now, is the fount being offered for sale, and if so what is the fount
        make-up, is it Anglo-American or Dutch type height, and what is the price
        for the 12-line size?

        Thanks,

        Graham Moss
        Incline Press
        36 Bow Street
        Oldham OL1 1SJ England
        http://www.inclinepress.com

        On 28/2/07 11:02, "SK Polzen" <skpolzen@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I'm happy to announce that I've finished making my first set of end grain,
        > eastern maple
        > wood type. The typeface is based on Carol Twombly's Chaparral Bold and the
        > blocks are
        > 10 and 12 pica. I've posted a number of pictures on my website if you are
        > interested in
        > hearing more about the production process: www.pqcc.net.
        >
        > If there is anyone else out there who is making wood type, I'd love to talk
        > shop; please feel
        > free to get in touch!
        >
        > For anyone living in/around The Netherlands, I am currently living in Utrecht
        > and would be
        > happy to show you my type in person.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Scott Polzen
      • SK Polzen
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 3:09 AM
          Thanks Graham.
          Unfortunately, this is the only set that I have right now, so I can't offer it for sale. I would
          be happy to let printers use it though if we can connect. I would love to make more, but
          I've sadly left my shop behind in Vancouver because of my recent move to The
          Netherlands.

          The type is 0.918" high, with a tolerance of +/-0.003".

          All the best,
          Scott

          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Graham and Kathy <kwhalen.incline@...> wrote:

          > Excellent, and well done Scott.
          >
          > Now, is the fount being offered for sale, and if so what is the fount
          > make-up, is it Anglo-American or Dutch type height, and what is the price
          > for the 12-line size?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >

          > Graham Moss
          > Incline Press
          > 36 Bow Street
          > Oldham OL1 1SJ England
          > http://www.inclinepress.com
          >

          > On 28/2/07 11:02, "SK Polzen" <skpolzen@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hello everyone,
          > >
          > > I'm happy to announce that I've finished making my first set of end grain,
          > > eastern maple
          > > wood type. The typeface is based on Carol Twombly's Chaparral Bold and the
          > > blocks are
          > > 10 and 12 pica. I've posted a number of pictures on my website if you are
          > > interested in
          > > hearing more about the production process: www.pqcc.net.
          > >
          > > If there is anyone else out there who is making wood type, I'd love to talk
          > > shop; please feel
          > > free to get in touch!
          > >
          > > For anyone living in/around The Netherlands, I am currently living in Utrecht
          > > and would be
          > > happy to show you my type in person.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Scott Polzen

        • Graham and Kathy
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 6:06 AM
            Thanks Scott. When you get into production let me know and I'll be glad to
            re-open the idea of getting a fount from you.

            Best,

            Graham Moss
            Incline Press
            36 Bow Street