Re: [PPLetterpress] Digest Number 229

  • Mike Lyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2002
      I use a home-made assembly of florescent UV tubes and standard double tube
      frame with a 5 minute spring timer. I expose for 3 to 4 minutes about 3"
      from the plate. Works great. VERY inexpensive! Photo of similar but
      smaller setup at Granthams stamp-making page
      http://www.granthams.com/page2.html For 12" x 18", you'll want to consider
      assembling three or four 24" two bulb fixtures. Takes about 2 hours to
      build if you own a drill and screwdriver and a couple pieces of 1x6 cut to
      length.

      Worth considering, and save your $$ for your next project!

      Mike

      . Very inexpensive At 02:51 PM 7/19/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      >Message: 1
      > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:45:34 -0000
      > From: "rigolo65" <jerome@...>
      >Subject: looking for small exposing unit
      >
      >Hi all,
      >
      >I own a Vandercook that I bought from Archetype Press a few years back.
      >I've unfortunately not been able to work with it as much as I would
      >like to (I'm a graphic designer), mostly because of the cost of
      >getting plates made, and feeling like I can't experiment as much as
      >I'd want to. I'm looking to buy a small exposing unit (my Patmag is
      >12"x18"). I have been searching the web, but I still feel a bit lost.
      >Most units are much bigger than what I need. And I'm not sure if I
      >should get a washup unit or not. I'm looking to spend $2-4,000 for it.
      >I really want to start doing a lot more work on my press, less for
      >client-based projects than for my own artistic work. Does anybody have
      >good leads on smaller units?
      >
      >Thanks >>> Jerome

      Mike Lyon
      mailto:mikelyon@...