New member has her first question

  • fiddlerleah
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      Hi,
      My name is Leah Calvert. I live in Atlanta, GA and am in the process
      of setting up my first letterpress shop. My grandfather has been a
      printer his hole life. Starting with letterpress and now printing
      primarily to digital, he's experienced the evolution of modern
      printing. Over time I became increasingly more interested in the old
      windmill presses and Kluge now relegated to die-cutting, numbering,
      etc and that's the long and short of how I came to opening my own
      letterpress shop.

      With introductions out of the way, I have my first question and it's a
      simple one. I have several C & Ps that need moving. 1. Does anyone
      have advice on methods of moving presses (i.e. any cautionary tales,
      tricks, equipment necessary, etc.)?

      That's it.
      Thanks for any help in advance.
      Leah Calvert