type & presses & more for sale

  • hundertwasser
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2 10:32 AM
      Some friends and I recently visited Marl "Lino" Bielke and his wife
      Irene up in Amador City. Irene and Marl are getting ready to move to
      Wisconsin and are selling several thousand square feet of presses,
      linotypes, wood and metal type (much of it foundry in great shape) and
      an enormous amount of other stuff - great specimen books, ornaments,
      rule & furniture (although we may have bought most of the furniture
      and spacing material...), etc.

      His Vandercook Universal and SP15 are promised to the printing museum
      in LA but I know he has a very nice Windmill in great shape, a Miehle
      Vertical and lots more for sale... Plus at least one of the several
      Linotypes is in good working condition, and if anyone can get the
      others going it's him. I think there's also a trim-o-saw, miterer and
      some other useful stuff.

      Here are some pictures:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlt/sets/72157594500050963/

      Amador City is about 45 minutes east of Sacramento and is a pleasant
      little gold country town and a visit here makes a great day trip.

      If you're interested in visiting them and picking up some equipment,
      give Marl & Irene a call at 209.267.5470.

      Here's a few threads about other folks' recent visits to their shop:

      Good luck and let us know if you pick up some neat type!

      ---
      Joshua Lurie-Terrell
      Hewn & Hammered: http://www.hewnandhammered.com