Re: [PPLetterpress] Slowing down my 10x15 Craftsman C&P press

  • rick smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      London
      I know it is a little expensive to do but I run DC drives on my 8x12 and my 10x15. I mount the control under the feed table where I can reach it. I wouldn't go back to the old way for anything. Rick

      londonbellman <londonbellman@...> wrote:
      Hello Group,
      I want to slow this baby down without going through the expense of a rheostat
      device. The press as of now has a 1Hp 1725RPM GE motor mounted on the back. I
      changed out the pulley on the motor shaft and made it smaller but it is still too fast.
      It was sugested to me to put a 860 motor on there. Is this the way to go? The larger
      pulley on the press is maxed out at 38" and 3/8",so I can't go bigger there.
      Please let me hear your thoughts. Regards, London