Re: printing coasters on a Vandercook

  • alex brooks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
      The folks at the Purgatory Pie Press in manhattan print coasters on
      their vandercook. They print full sheets of thick coaster material
      [1/16th inch] which is flexible enough along the grain to curve
      around the impression cylinder. Then they put on their die cutting
      jacket and cut the coasters out of the full sheet. They use the
      spaces cut out between the coasters, with an arc on top and bottom,
      for their business cards.

      It would probably be easier with a platen, but all they've got is the
      vandercook so they make it work. "use what you've got, make it work"

      My friends at the cricket press also recently screen printed some
      coasters which came out nicely.

      Anyone wanting to test the water-fastness of either set [purgatory
      pie- landmarks of nyc, cricket press- bicycle chainrings & animals]
      can stop by kentucky and have a few beers with me.

      cheers,
      alex
      press817

      "The only way to keep it going, is to keep it going." - GL