Slowing down my 10x15 Craftsman C&P press

  • londonbellman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
      Hello Group,
      I want to slow this baby down without going through the expense of a rheostat
      device. The press as of now has a 1Hp 1725RPM GE motor mounted on the back. I
      changed out the pulley on the motor shaft and made it smaller but it is still too fast.
      It was sugested to me to put a 860 motor on there. Is this the way to go? The larger
      pulley on the press is maxed out at 38" and 3/8",so I can't go bigger there.
      Please let me hear your thoughts. Regards, London
    • rick smith