Re:Registration

  • Ben Levitz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2007
      We are using plastic back polymer. It is transparent and allows some tricks.
      We register our work often by pulling a clean impression of the first form
      on the tympan top sheet. We then use double stick tape to position the face
      of the second form on the bed of the press. (This is a trick on a windmill
      but can be done.) Once the plate is in position on the platen, the backer
      paper is removed and the press is shut while on impression. This gets you
      very very close if not dead on in a matter of a couple minutes.

      The other beauty of plastic backed polymer is that you can cut apart the
      plate of a 2 color piece where the colors don't come very close to each
      other. You can print the first color. Then put the 2 color you trimmed off
      back in place and remove the first color form. The second form is in perfect
      register.

      Ben Levitz

      studio ON FIRE

      1621 E Hennepin Ave Ste 226