RE: RE: [PPLetterpress] Re: Advice for deep impression

  • Michael T. Metz
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 28, 2007
      Danke Schoen Ludwig,

      The closest is the Einfache Kanzlei. X height and weight
      looks very close. You can see my sample on the cover of
      my webpage. There were more than a half dozen Kanzlei
      faces in the books I found in Chicago, all of these were
      slight variations like you point to here. Mabye the "Canzlei"
      was marketed for the Alsace/Lorraine region and is a French

      I posted the page from the Bible that started me down this path
      and a link to the specimen page from Herr SchumacherGebler. Got
      the bible at a farm auction in central Kansas.

      Interesting that the publishing information/date are printed in
      the middle of the bible at the beginning of the New Testament.

      Thanks for connecting me to Dipl.-Ing Helzel.
      That price is in Euros. Weak dollar. Have to save up.

      Mike Metz
      Lamppost Press

      From: PPLetterpress@ <mailto:PPLetterpress%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com [mailto:PPLetterpress@