need Nyliner and other supplies...

  • luk726
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2007
      so i'm close to finally getting my press going. just need some nyliners for my rubber rollers.
      it's been impossible to get it from NA Graphics. does anyone know what size nyliner i need
      for a Vandercook 4?
      also, need to get Kimlon and Tympan... know where i can get that?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2007
        Kunche

        I routinely replaced the nyliners when I reconditioned my presses;
        these would have all been SP or Universal series. So I have "used"
        nyliners that might work for you if they are the right size (don't
        know off hand if they fit a No. 4). Don't know how one can tell how
        used a nyliner is (they don't seem to exhibit wear) or if it matters
        all that much. Size would matter though.

        This is the link for Bar-Plate

        http://www.barplate.com/

        They can fulfill your makeready needs (and most other letterpress
        needs). They would likely have a substitute for Kimlon. I doubt it is
        solely a Vandercook product. Often a simple web search will lead you
        to the manufacturer and distributors of an item.