Re: [PPLetterpress] Large plate

  • cutvelvet@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 17, 2007
      >Hello,
      >
      >I am looking for someone to process a large steel-backed polymer
      >plate, 14 x 26.5"

      I *think* John Sullivan can:
      John Sullivan, Logos Graphics, 499 Alabama St. #126, San Francisco, CA 94110
      415-552-0817 lograph@...

      Lisa
      Littoral Press

    • Joe Freedman
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 18, 2007
        > >I am looking for someone to process a large steel-backed polymer
        > plate, 14 x 26.5"

        Another option depending on the artwork and if you desire woodgrain
        could be a CNC milling machine driven by the Vectric.com software.
        I've been playing with the software on a small engraving machine and
        it seems to be great. That assumes that your artwork is digital and
        you want to print off wood as opposed to the smoother polymer surface.

        You can find someone with a large machine and see what the program
        can do at:

        http://vectric.com/forum/

        Best

        Joe

      • amy borezo
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 18, 2007
          Thank you for the responses for large plate processing--both on and offlist.

          amy b.
          shelter/Books <http://www.shelterbookworks.com>

        • Warren Gailbreath, Jr.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 18, 2007
            If it can be magnesium then Owosso is the answer. I
            think they have a 40" or larger plate processor.

            It's worth a call.

            Warren Gailbreath,Jr.
            Southwest Finishing, Inc.
            Ft.Worth, Texas
          • Harold Kyle
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 18, 2007
              Oh, that press! I remember that it has acrylic "windows" on the side
              so you can the gears working inside the press. It must have been a
              showroom model? It's a beauty...

              Not many customer of ours have presses this big, so we've never
              seriously considered installing a larger platemaker. I'm sure Owosso
              has a larger platemaker, as Warren suggested, because large foil
              stamping presses are more common. I suppose it's up to your printer
              what plate he'd like to use. Let us know what you end up doing
              because I'd like to know where to refer the occasional inquiry for a
              larger plate.

              Good luck!
              Harold

              On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:21 AM, aborezo wrote:

              > Dan Keleher at Wild Carrot Letterpress would possibly do the
              > printing on a 25 x 38" Neibiolo sheet fed cylinder press

              Harold Kyle
              Boxcar Press
              501 W. Fayette St. #222 ~ Syracuse, NY 13204
              315-473-0930 phone ~ 315-473-0967 fax
              http://www.boxcarpress.com
            • raceroberts
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 18, 2007
                In Chicago, Rohner Letterpress (www.rohnerletterpress.com)
                773.248.0800

                Steel backed photopolymer. No problem with that size.
                Super nice guys.
                Tell em' Bob sent ya.