bearing rails

  • dredaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
      I am rebuilding an old style 8X12 chandler & price and I am getting
      ready to re machine the bearing rails. Dose any one know the original
      specs on the dimension between the bearing rail and the bed
      Thanks
      Don
    • typetom@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
        Hi Don,
        I assume the rails are supposed to be exactly type-high in relation to the
        bed. In any case they should be fully parallel to the bed to keep the rollers
        even across the form. As long as they are uniform height, the rollers can be
        adjusted with tape on the tracks or adjustable trucks.
        Best wishes,
        Tom

        Tom Parson
        Now It's Up To You Publications